From: James Roman <james.roman@ssaihq.com>
Subject: Re: Yahoo, unreachable for too long ?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 10:14:32 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
OK. So I actually trolled my logs going back 3 months. I have about 75 incoming messages that failed with the "552 message line is too longĒ error. Of those, probably 72 of them were most likely spam senders. The other 3 were valid Yahoo senders. The one person I could contact directly definitely was trying to send a message with a MS Word attachment through the Yahoo web interface. After failing three times, she simply logged into her local account and sent it through the CGP web interface.

I wonít be able to test this with her for another week, so I wonít have an example of a failing message until then, but I can confirm that it appears that the problem does exist in 6.0.9. Until I can test further, I canít be sure that Yahoo isnít actually sending a message line that is too long (<1000 characters including the trailing end of line characters (effectively 998 in clear text with a carriage return and newline), if encryption pads the text further, than they need to trim the line length further as specified by one of the RFCs). If Yahoo is crafting the message line longer than the RFC states, than they need to fix their mail system, regardless of whether other mail systems accept the message. If the message line is less than 1000 characters, than CGP will need to fix the problem.

From: "Taylor, Jonn" <jonnt@taylortelephone.com>
Date: October 8, 2014 at 9:04:56 AM EDT

This is actually a problem with CGP even though support says not. I can
send test messages with the same attachments to 4 different mail servers
that we are demoing right now and NONE of them have this problem. In
fact when I was talking to other companies that make mail server
software they thought that CommuniGate Pro was dead.

In light of the things that I have seen on this list and the responses
that I got from support. I thing it is time to move away from
CommuniGate. I like what they have, they are just not fixing things list
ActiveSync, Calendaring other issues like this one. Always saying the
problem is someone else is not a good sign.

Taylor Telephone Systems, Inc <http://www.taylortelephone.com/>

Jonn Taylor
651-683-4002 Direct / 651-245-4836 Cell / jonnt@taylortelephone.com
<mailto:jonnt@taylortelephone.com>

Taylor Telephone Systems, Inc Office: 651-454-5866 / Fax: 651-683-4019
8334 Argenta Trail, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
http://www.taylortelephone.com/