From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Yahoo, unreachable for too long ?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:47:37 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
Signed Data (Text SHA1)
On Oct 9, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Massimo Bolzoni <massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it> wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> James tat is the point, if the composer is not following RFC we can not blam CGP to comply saying others do not :)
>
> Max

I have no idea what is really happening here or whose fault it is, but your logic is wrong. If Yahoo is to blame, that only means that it is not CGP's fault. It does NOT mean, however, that CGP should not do something to work around this broken implementation. Depending on the reality of what is happening, CGP could:

1.) Smugly point out to each and every angry customer that it is not their fault and watch as those customers slowly migrate elsewhere.
2.) Implement a workaround to keep customers happy, even though the fault lies with Yahoo. Optionally swear at Yahoo for being so big that they can get away with this crap.

Chances are that no one little problem like this will result in the loss of customers, but these little things are cumulative and affect users' opinion of the quality of the system. In other words, end users (including the people who write the checks) don't care one whit who is at fault. All they care about is "Does it work or not?"

Tom

PS: I have NOT noticed this problem, and I am still quite happy with CGP, FWIW.
Content Unaltered as verified By:
<trymes@rymes.com>