From: Massimo Bolzoni <massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it>
Subject: Re: Yahoo, unreachable for too long ?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:27:06 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Tom

I do agree that living in an ecosystem make sense to do the best to avoid problems and fix situations even if they are not cgp fault.

That is actually happening in many situations one for instance is the sip workaround, others have been implemented during the years.

Off course implementing a workaround for a problem that occurs only in some situations is not so easy or it would not make sense.

You did not notice this problem, me either.

Personally I dislike blaming, generally speaking, and the general mean of the mail semmed me to would only blame cgs...

Max

Email, contatti e rubrica in mobilità.
http://messagecloud.it

> Il giorno 10/ott/2014, alle ore 16:48, Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com> ha scritto:
>
>> On Oct 9, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Massimo Bolzoni <massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it> wrote:
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> James tat is the point, if the composer is not following RFC we can not blam CGP to comply … saying others do not :)
>>
>> Max
>
> I have no idea what is really happening here or whose fault it is, but your logic is wrong. If Yahoo is to blame, that only means that it is not CGP's fault. It does NOT mean, however, that CGP should not do something to work around this broken implementation. Depending on the reality of what is happening, CGP could:
>
> 1.) Smugly point out to each and every angry customer that it is not their fault and watch as those customers slowly migrate elsewhere.
> 2.) Implement a workaround to keep customers happy, even though the fault lies with Yahoo. Optionally swear at Yahoo for being so big that they can get away with this crap.
>
> Chances are that no one little problem like this will result in the loss of customers, but these little things are cumulative and affect users' opinion of the quality of the system. In other words, end users (including the people who write the checks) don't care one whit who is at fault. All they care about is "Does it work or not?"
>
> Tom
>
> PS: I have NOT noticed this problem, and I am still quite happy with CGP, FWIW.

Massimo Bolzoni - Solution Architect
Mob.: +39 335 5278936

Iscriviti ai nostri WEBINAR, solo 30 minuti per illustrarti i nostri servizi in the cloud (SAAS) e le nostre tecnologie CommuniGate, Mailspect e IP Technology LAB, maggiori info qui: www.answervad.it/webinar.php

Answer srl: distributore italiano Communigate Pro, MailSpect, IP Technology labs

Answer srl
via Gandhi, 22 - 42123 Reggio Emilia
Tel +39 0522 286545
e-mail massimo.bolzoni@answervad.it
Web www.answervad.it
Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione e i relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, rivolte esclusi-vamente al destinatario. La diffusione, distribuzione e/o copie deldocumento trasmesso o degli allegati da parte di qualsiasi soggettodiverso dal destinatario e'perseguibile ai sensi dell'articolo 616Codice Penale e del Decreto Legislativo n. 196/2003.Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, Vi preghiamo di re-inviarlo al mittente e distruggerlo.
Per informazioni potete contattare l'indirizzo privacy@answervad.it
***
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have receivedthe message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereofis prohibited and it is punished by law. Please return it immediatelyto the sender and delete the message.
Should you have any questions,please contact us at privacy@answervad.it