From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: ximss client
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:49:11 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Chris,

If you search the archives you will find a few message I have written on this subject. We currently use Psi (www.psi.im), and we previously used Spark (www.igniterealtime.com)

I prefer Psi because it does not require Java, and because it has an option to auto-authorize contacts, which prevents users from choosing deny for presence visibility. Spark does require Java, and its lack of an auto-authorize feature invariably results in people who cannot see others' status.

My ideal client would include the ability to import a list of contacts (something that MS Meesenger was able to do), and I have asked CommuniGate to add this feature, though I suppose it could be done with scripts.

Pidgin and Trillian are also good clients, but I don't want a client that has access to Yahoo, AOL, etc.

Tom

On Mar 11, 2015, at 4:40 PM, Chris Vlad <postmaster@lightology.com> wrote:

I would like to give my users an interoffice massager. If I recall correctly in the past MS Massager was the client of choice. Is that still working with CGP?
what will be a recommended client for windows clients? excluding Pronto.

Thank you,
Chris V.