From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Too many concurrent connections?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:29:35 -0400
To: Juergen P. [core] <juergenp@core.at>
On 03/23/2015 3:17 PM, Juergen P. [core] wrote:
i had similar problems with a client - solved it that way ..

the program on the client side was outlook  with mapi. my client had
also 2 android devices online that time.
outlook in my  case, opened many connections during "sync" which caused
additional "login attempts"
after a while the client got blocked because of "too many failed logins"
. so imap seems to have an indirect connection to "failed logins" if the
session limit is set to a smaller value.

please tell me if setting imap session limits  to a higher value solves
your problem.

Thanks, Juergen. Since hitting the session limit seems to cause a failed login, I can see how extending the number of failed login attempts would keep the IP from being blacklisted.

I have increased both our IMAP and AirSync limits and will let you know if our oddball Android/Outlook behavior ceases.