From: Martin Miller <anothersphere@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Using AWK on unix flavour to extract log information
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:29:10 +1200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Yes, thanks for the RTFM.
The manual is not clear, hence my question which remains outstanding, I am not sure what command clears the set?

On 10 June 2015 at 01:45, Bill Cole <cgp-2015@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
On 9 Jun 2015, at 7:09, Tom Rymes wrote:

Martin,

I think you would do that by clearing all blacklisted IPs and then loading the set you want. Two commands in succession.

Tom

On Jun 9, 2015, at 1:51 AM, Martin Miller <anothersphere@gmail.com> wrote:

Does it allow you to define the set rather than add to the set?

Free clue: every installation of CGP comes with a complete copy of the "Guide" documentation which includes documentation of the CLI and a link to the CGPerl API that uses it. On your very own server, on the same port as the admin interface, hiding behind the obfuscatorily-labeled link to "Help" on most admin pages. You can find the description of SETBLACKLISTEDIPS at /Guide/CLI.html#SETBLACKLISTEDIPS

To save you the arduous task of reading a document you have at your fingertips: SETBLACKLISTEDIPS takes a full set of IPs as a multi-line string. See the output of GETBLACKLISTEDIPS (and the secretly hidden Data Formats page of the Guide) for syntactic details.

On 9 June 2015 at 13:47, Bill Cole <cgp-2015@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
On 8 Jun 2015, at 21:20, Martin Miller wrote:

I am not looking to hit the temporary blacklist, I am planning to hit the
permanent blacklisted and denied.
I want to overwrite them all with a daily moving sum of all IP that meet my
criteria from the logs I retain.
My server is not a big user thing its SOHO.
What would be good if I can blat the IP files and then use the CLI to force
them to reload, perhaps by side effect of adding another item.

Does the documented CLI command SETBLACKLISTEDIPS not work for you?

MJM

MJM