From: Mark J Strawcutter <mjstraw@iup.edu>
Subject: Re: Stop duplicate emails to distribution lists
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:23:08 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Unfortunately, no.

And the LIST module hasn't had anything done to it in at least 15 years.  sigh.

And I think the internal architecture of CGP would make this non-trivial to do.

Mark

On 7/28/2015 12:53 AM, Paul_Dudley wrote:
I have been told that in MS Exchange if there is a common email address in distribution lists A, B & C, and someone sends an email to all three distribution lists A, B & C, then the person with the email address that is common to all three distribution lists will only receive that email once. They won't receive the same email three times. I don't know enough about Exchange to know whether this is a default setting or some option that has to be selected.

Is it possible for distribution lists in CommuniGate Pro to offer the same intelligence via a setting?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

IT Operations

ANL Container Line

pdudley@anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the named add
ressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail from your s
ystem. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its
  contents to any person.