From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: block .party domains
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:24:56 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I have to say that, after reading this topic, I took a look through my overworked spam folder and realized that the bulk of it was from the below referenced domains. Blocking them in the router seems to have made a (sure to be temporary) dent in the volume. I dislike the effect on interoperability, but these domains have never been anything but a cash grab from the registrars.

It appears that these domains are showing up in the logs as "blacklisted", but I cannot be certain if the blacklist is queried before the router, or if the router entry causes this behavior.

Can anyone confirm what I should or should not be seeing in the logs when a host from a blocked domain attempts to send a message? What will a legitimate sender in one of these domains see?

Lastly, will this prevent our users from sending mail to recipients in these domains, and if not, perhaps I should do so, as any replies will not be received.

Thank you,

Tom