From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley@anl.com.au>
Subject: RE: Use of ampersand in folder names
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:57:27 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

OK – anyone know what will happen to those email accounts where they have selected LookOut as the default skin, if we remove LookOut?

Can you globally set a default skin that will update the skin chosen by existing users?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

On CGP 6.1.2 I cannot reproduce your issue, and while I'm don't specifically remember doing those tests on CGP 6.0.11, I regularily verify my webskins and one or two of the stock ones when I upgrade CGP.

My guess is that you have local and older webskin versions overriding the stock ones.

Check Users / Skins, and delete any override you may have.
And then again for each domain you host - User / [domain] / Skins.

Running LookOut v2 on CGP 6.0.11 will be problematic, if you open the settings page and save them most of your settings may revert to their default value. You will also have issues with rules, with international characters, with several non-alphanumeric characters in the mailbox names (such as the ampersand).

So I suggest you either upgrade to LookOut 3 or remove LookOut 2 completely.

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2015-08-09 19:25, Paul_Dudley wrote:

The other webskins are all the standard ones which come with the upgraded versions of Communigate Pro so I am assuming that they are all their respective latest versions.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

LookOut v2 is compatible with CGP up to 5.1.4.

The other webskins you have which don't work are probably old ones too.

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2015-08-06 19:55, Paul_Dudley wrote:

We are using CommuniGate Pro 6.0.11. The version of LookOut is very old – version 2 from 2010.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Which version of LookOut?
Which version of CGP?

On 2015-08-06 01:06, Paul_Dudley wrote:

Of course – I did not think of trying it with different skins…

Testing shows that the Basic and Golden Fleece skins work. All the other standard skins as well as Lookout fail. However Pronto also works.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Which webmail skin is in use? Did you try with the stock skins?

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2015-08-05 20:54, Paul_Dudley wrote:

We run CommuniGate Pro on a RH linux server. We have found that when you create an email folder in Outlook which contains the ampersand symbol “&”, it causes problems when trying to access that same folder in webmail via your internet browser.

You can enter the folder however when you try to change the way emails are displayed such as the sort order you get a red “Mailbox does not exist” error. Also in the list of folders down the left side, only the first part of the folder name prior to the “&” symbol is shown.

 Has anyone else experienced this and have been able to find a resolution apart from the obvious of asking the user to rename the folder replacing the “&” with “and”?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

ANL DISCLAIMER