From: Matthew Black <Matthew.Black@csulb.edu>
Subject: RE: Simplex webskin - direct to Inbox
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 18:21:36 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We stopped using CGP a couple years ago and I spent a lot of time configuring WSSP skins for our site back in 2004. Especially menu navigation in the Yehaa skin (our favorite).  I don’t recall everything I had to do and it took weeks to figure out. It’s a complicated process requiring knowledge of HTML and the WSSP markup language. Stalker has documented this fairly well, but they don’t provide a how-to customize and make everything work. We purchased some custom skins (WASSP) from David Bakkers out of Australia, and a few things put out by Nicholas Hatier (he’s fairly active here). Sorry if I munged the spelling of their names. The cost of buying working skins may save a lot of headaches.

http://www.stalker.com/CommuniGatePro/Applications.html

Look under WSSP

In particular, you must first learn how skin layering works and how to upload custom skin files.

WSSP skins rely upon settings in strings.data

These skin files may be of interest:

login.wssp

strings.data

I noticed that the strings.data in my Simplex skin directory contained the following line:

StartPage = "frameset.wssp?";

Hope this is helpful. Contact me off-list and I can send what files I may still have. I cannot provide much help beyond that.

matthew black

california state university, long beach