From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Unique entries for SMTP Prompt Delay
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:39:46 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
For a while now, I have had issues receiving mail from a very small number of senders, most of them VERY large companies. I could not figure out why until today because there was never anything in the logs that I could find.

Today, however, I accidentally discovered that my currently configured prompt delay for SMTP (currently set to 23s) was to blame. While testing, I set the delay to 2s and suddenly a slew of e-mails showed up in my inbox.

Is there a way that I could assign multiple SMTP listeners, each with a different delay? That way I could use my firewall to direct normal traffic to the normal listener, and direct traffic from senders that do not gracefully handle a longer delay to a separate listener that has no delay (effecitvely creating a whitelist of sorts). I suppose that I could list their IP Addresses and/or DNS names as clients, but that seems to be a Bad Idea™

I suppose that I could also give these companies a subdomain somehow?