From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: FTP transfers and the .meta suffix
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:55:51 -0400
I am running some FTP tests for a file transfer and came across a curiosity.  I am unsure if it is a setting somewhere (I don't think it would be), or a feature of the CommuniGate FTP daemon.

I cannot seem to transfer a file with the .meta suffix.  As examples, here are some touched files I was attempting to transfer (all of size 0):

    0 Sep 23 15:43 file10.mata
    0 Sep 23 10:31 file1.meta
    0 Sep 23 10:31 file2.jpg
    0 Sep 23 10:31 file3.gif
    0 Sep 23 10:32 file4.png
    0 Sep 23 10:32 file5.tiff
    0 Sep 23 10:32 file6.txt
    0 Sep 23 15:42 file7.met
    0 Sep 23 15:42 file8.mat
    0 Sep 23 15:42 file9.mete
    0 Sep 23 15:44 superfly.meta

The only ones that wouldn't transfer were 'file1.meta' and 'superfly.meta'.  They resulted in the error message:
426 illegal name for a file

Any ideas?
--

Jeff Wark