From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Outlook (iPad) Login Failures
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:09:45 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Unfortunately, Outlook for iOS does not hit your server directly. It goes through another server. So your login and password is sent to a third party server, your iPad connects to them. I'm not sure if it is Microsoft's servers yet or still the old company they purchased the email client from. From there, their server connects to your server and they connect as the client.

This is why you see the connection from somewhere else.

With regards to not being able to connect via secure IMAP, there appears to be a common problem surfacing:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_mobile-outlook/unable-to-connect-imap-account-to-outlook-for-ios8/4c8d43df-c459-4ac6-9ee6-98d0143bf46c?auth=1

Sorry I can't help any further.

On 11/11/2015 5:51 AM, Lyn wrote:
Has anyone succeeded in getting an iPad Microsoft Outlook 2.0.0 (free version) to login successfully to a Communigate instance?

The IMAP settings in the Outlook app appear fine, but I’m getting an error in Outlook indicating that an “IMAP Secure Connection Not Available”. The mail server logs show “incorrect password” reported from 54.69.72.87 which is in Oregon? (The iPac attempting access is in MN.)

No problems getting Outlook to work (using the same account) on a laptop computer.

Why is this so hard?

Lyn

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>