From: Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Outlook (iPad) Login Failures
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:35:10 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I also hit those problems. I had to buy an SSL certificate for my domain, and enable SSL in both ports (143 and 993), and it worked.
Incidentally, I mistakenly bought a certificate for “mydomain.com” instead of “mail.mydomain.com” but it still worked without any confirmation message, while my iOS native mail did ask for confirmation because it should have been “mail.mydomain.com”.
I guess after adding the account to Outlook, you can then use the “advanced” settings to specify port 993 and then you can disable SSL in 143 in Communigate if that’s what you want.

Roberto Michelena