From: Lyn <lynlist@nowdata.com>
Subject: Re: Outlook (iPad) Login Failures
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:31:57 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I’ve had a valid wildcard cert in place for years. 993 is configured to Init SSL/TLS. 143 is not set to Init SSL/TLS (turing this on did not help). SMTP ports 465 and 25025 are set to Init SSL/TLS. SMTP ports 25, 587 are not set to Init SSL/TLS. (I have multiple domains hosted. Some have SSL certs, some do not.)

The only application having a problem authenticating is the mobile Outlook 2.0.0. (Mac and Android) Unfortunately, the UI for Outlook doesn’t allow any changes to the ports, so I can’t do much in the way of experimentation.

Steps to repeat this issue:

Setup new Outlook IMAP Account.

"Login Error: Secure connection unavailable. Would you like to log in anyway?"

(Click More Info)
"Error: SMTP secure Connection Not Available. Your email service provider does not provide the option of login in securely the use of a secure connection for SMTP. You may log in using an insecure connection”

(Click Log In)
Prompted to enter IMAP and SMTP server address & passwords.

“Login Error: Your mail server certificate is invalid. Would you like to log in anyway?”

(Click Log In)
Login Error: Please check you email and password and try again.?

(Trying again yields no new results.)

In the end, Outlook is reporting an SSL error, which may be correct - I’m beginning to wonder?