From: Bill Cole <cgp-2015@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Error message for SMTP Authentication
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 18:00:34 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 15 Dec 2015, at 12:38, Jeff Wark wrote:

Any ideas what "rsp: 532 access from your network is restricted, try later" means?

Well, "access from your network is restricted, try later" is what CGP says when one of the SMTP connection limits is in effect, but I have usually seen it with a 475 (transient) reply code sent instead of the greeting banner. We don't normally log SMTPI that deeply however, so I only see the reply code in cases where one of our servers gets that reply from another one and when users cite it in support tickets.

Ancient logs with deeper logging seem to imply that v5.4.2 would send that in reply to AUTH when the server had hit the non-client SMTP connection limit after a session had already been sent the greeting.