From: Tom Marble <marble.tom@slpschools.org>
Subject: Server becoming unresponsive
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 06:45:00 -0800
To: <cgatepro@stalker.com>
All,
    We have been using Communicate Pro for over 10 years on the OS X platform.  We have between 900 and 1000 users for mainly email and groupware.   The vast majority of our clients access the server through the web interface (we use the Niversoft LooOut Skin).  Our server is a quad core Xserve running 10.10.5 with 24 gig of ram.   We are running CGP 6.1.6.
     In the past month or so, the CGP server process will begin to spike and then stay at around 140% CPU (as reported by TOP).  The overall server resource use as reported by TOP is 85-95% idle.  In the administrative web interface in CGP we will see Threads that are “Locked at Retain.”  As soon as this happens, the CPU utilization reported by TOP goes to 140, 150, even over 200%.  This starts a cascade effect where any subsequent thread also becomes “Locked at Retain.”   Eventually, accessing the server as a user through the web interface becomes unresponsive and we must restart the CGP process.
    This issue has steadily become worse and we are having to restart the CGP process several times a day.  We have an open case with Communicate support, but so far no progress.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Marble
Director of Information Services
St. Louis Park Public Schools