From: Robin Lewis <robin@primarytalent.com>
Subject: LDAP settings for Apple OS X 10.11 El Captain
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 09:51:59 -0700
To: <CGatePro>

Im having some difficult in configuring OS X 10.11 El Captain to search CGP server LDAP directory.
I have many Macs running previous version of OS X e.g. 10.10.5 and it works just fine.
Im looking to get the Apple Contacts App to search for our domains users email addresses
Client just returns not results and I can see any entries in server log, I have the same problem with all Mac running this OS 6 in total

Contacts App
-Settings Im successfully using for 10.10.5
Server: host.domain.com
Port: 389
Use SLL: no
Search Base: left blank
Scope: Subtree
Authentication: Simple
User Name: user1
Password: password

-Settings Im unsuccessfully using for 10.11.14
Contacts > Preferences > Accounts tab > Account Information
User Name: user1
Password: password
Fetch: Automatically

Contacts > Preferences > Accounts tab > Server Settings
Server address: host.domain.com
Server Path: left blank
Port 389