From: Gib Henry <gib@gibhenry.com>
Subject: amazonaws.com Chinese spam passes DKIM/DMARC
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 09:34:24 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I’m getting a lot of spam from China via amazonaws.com.  It passes amazonaws.com’s DMARC/DKIM, so they’re authenticating it as legitimate.  I keep reporting it to SpamCop, which says it’s reporting it to the originating site in China (good luck with that!), but SpamCop also says amazonaws.com doesn’t accept their reports.

1.  I’ve seen references to amazonaws.com as being widely abused.  Is reporting it to SpamCop generally effective, or a waste of time?

2.  What are the implications to legitimate email if I block amazonaws.com?  I do occasionally order stuff from Amazon, but their transaction-related email comes from domains like amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, and amazon.it.  However, I also get some legitimate notification email from vendors like Orbicule (Undercover) from that domain.

Thanks in advance for any insight.  Cheers,

Gib Henry