From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Journaling
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 02:31:23 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 28.05.2016 19:37, Bill Cole wrote:
On 26 May 2016, at 10:00, Technical Support, Stalker Labs wrote:

Hello,

There's a new item in Script Repository for CommuniGate Pro
<http://www.communigate.com/ScriptRepository/>

The idea of e-mail journaling is to save copies of mails passing
through the server with the ability to extract emails sent and
received by a particular user, e.g. for cases when user had deleted
his INBOX or when claims that he did/didn't send/receive a particular
message. At different times it was implemented for several customers
in different ways, but now an "universal" way is composed and published.

How is this better/different from the existing Intercept functionality

Intercept is configured for individual accounts, no way to use it for everyone.

or a pair of "Mirror To" rules at the server or cluster level?

Rules loose envelope recipients so you can't be sure for whom a particular message was.

The Journaler saves those addresses so it's easy to discriminate emails to/from a certain user. The search&restore script is included.

Plus it automatically deletes old emails, and it does that in a more efficient way than the built-in "Delete Messages after:" option would do (it was important for one our customer who has 30G of daily traffic and quite busy storage).

And finally, with it it's easier to manage multiple journals for different sets of users.

> I can't quite see how this wasn't already a long-filled need.

Maybe it was, but I don't recall anyone asked for it here.

--
Best regards,
Roman Prokhorov