From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: SIP attacks
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:42:01 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I am sick of the huge number of attempted connections, via SIP, to all of our supposed numbers in the server. I do not use the PABX functions nor do we use SIP in the standard sense of the word (SIP clients chatting to each other).

What are the ramifications of disabling the listening ports for SIP on my CGP server?

CGP 6.1.9
Windows 2012 (64bit)

We do have Apple devices and I notice the server sends SIP packets to these devices for things like reminders (I presume).

--

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>