From: Gib Henry <gib@gibhenry.com>
Subject: Re: SIP attacks
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 10:39:52 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

You might consider using the Spamhaus DROP and EDROP lists.  They eliminate a great deal of spam and probably a lot of those SIP fishing expeditions.  Because I turned SIP off before I discovered the lists, I can’t say for sure that they were responsible for the drop in SIP, but they certainly did reduce the clutter of other incoming attempts.  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

On 6/9/16 5:42 AM, Shaun Gamble wrote:
I am sick of the huge number of attempted connections, via SIP, to all of our supposed numbers in the server. I do not use the PABX functions nor do we use SIP in the standard sense of the word (SIP clients chatting to each other).

What are the ramifications of disabling the listening ports for SIP on my CGP server?

CGP 6.1.9
Windows 2012 (64bit)

We do have Apple devices and I notice the server sends SIP packets to these devices for things like reminders (I presume).