From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Spamhaus DROP. Re: SIP attacks
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 14:09:43 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 09.06.2016 11:39, Gib Henry wrote:
You might consider using the Spamhaus DROP and EDROP lists
<https://www.spamhaus.org/drop/>.  They eliminate a great deal of spam
and probably a lot of those SIP fishing expeditions.

I think it should be a good idea to add these lists to CommuniGate's "Denied IP Addresses" and update them regularly; so I wrote a script to automate that, see "spamhaus_drop.sppr" in <http://www.communigate.com/ScriptRepository/>

> Because I turned
SIP off before I discovered the lists, I can’t say for sure that they
were responsible for the drop in SIP, but they certainly did reduce the
clutter of other incoming attempts. Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

On 6/9/16 5:42 AM, Shaun Gamble wrote:
I am sick of the huge number of attempted connections, via SIP, to all
of our supposed numbers in the server. I do not use the PABX functions
nor do we use SIP in the standard sense of the word (SIP clients
chatting to each other).

What are the ramifications of disabling the listening ports for SIP on
my CGP server?

CGP 6.1.9
Windows 2012 (64bit)

We do have Apple devices and I notice the server sends SIP packets to
these devices for things like reminders (I presume).

--
Best regards,
Roman Prokhorov