From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Outlook 2013 stuck at processing
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:55:25 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
This one took me days. While not directly related to CGP, I'm placing it here simply as a reference.

Outlook 2013 (running on Windows 8.1 and then Windows 10, would open up but be stuck at the processing stage. So you would only see the "splash page" not the Outlook windows itself. Running Outlook /safe worked without a problem. Disabling all Addins did not help.

Here is our solution.

Run Outlook.exe /safe:1

Then go into the menu and select View. Then remove the tick from "View by Conversations".

That's it. I have no idea how or why it was ticked but as soon as the check was removed from the box, all of the emails showed up in Inbox properly and Outlook opened properly.

The reason I am posting is I had blown away the profile and it did not fix the problem.

Also, as a side not, an Office Upgrade went through in June. With Outlook v15.0.4833.1001 you cannot open "mail" from within Control Panel to check on the profile. Within Outlook, check for updates and download the update. It fixes the Control Panel issue.

--

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>