From: Karl Zander <cgplist@commpartners.com>
Subject: New Server Hardware
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:03:21 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Looking at getting new hardware for our CGP server.   We have about 45 accounts mostly using Outlook with the MAPI connector.

The biggest issue we are looking to address is performance drops when someone deletes or moves a large number of messages through Outlook.  The server is barely useful if someone deletes several hundred messages at once like when emptying Trash.

Current server has 8 GB RAM.  3 x 250 GB drives in RAID 5.  (I think they are 10,000 RPM drives.)  Server runs Linux (Gentoo Linux) with a 4.1.2 kernel.  File system is ReiserFS.  Dual Xeon 1.86 Ghz CPUs

Plan to go to 16 GB RAM.  Quad CPU.  Staying with Gentoo Linux.

What are people using for disk drives and file systems?

--Karl