From: Technical Support <support@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: [Ext]Distribution list question
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 22:49:43 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Mailing lists are processed independently.
Postings through different lists replace Message-Id with different values, the original Message-Id is not necessarily kept.
The postings are delivered independently.

How do we know the next posting to be delivered into a mailbox of a subscriber is a duplicate of another? At the moment the message is to be stored we need to either search the destination mailbox for a duplicate Message-Id, or keep a track of recently delivered ones. The former is too expensive, the accuracy of the latter may be affected by many factors: flow rate for the given account, delays in distributions, etc.

On 2016-08-12 17:46 , Bob D wrote:
Amen to this. I would like to see this as well.

Bob

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 10:44:12 -0400
 Mark J Strawcutter <mjstraw@iup.edu> wrote:
I've asked for this for over 10 years

Mark

On 8/12/2016 2:41 AM, Paul_Dudley wrote:
If a person is a member of multiple distribution lists, and someone else
sends an email to two or more of these distribution lists, is there a
way to filter the message so that the recipient only receives the email
once?

For example if I am a member of distribution lists a@domain.com
<mailto:a@domain.com>, b@domain.com <mailto:b@domain.com> and
c@domain.com <mailto:c@domain.com>, and someone sends an email to all
three distribution lists, is there a way to ensure I only receive the
email once instead of three times?

Thanks & Regards

Paul Dudley

IT Operations

*ANL Container Line*

*pdudley@anl.com.au*

*_ANL DISCLAIMER_*

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely
to the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is
strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please
do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose
its contents to any person.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<CGatePro-digest@mail.stalker.com>

Best regards,