From: Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com>
Subject: periodic email archiving
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:17:24 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello fellow list members,

My Inbox is nowadays too large. However there are some bulletins I do want to archive for reference, so I never delete them. I also don’t want those to automatically be filtered into a separate mailbox, because some I want to read on the day they arrive, and I know I’ll forget to check them.

Ideal mechanism for me would be a rule that can be applied to the mailbox periodically. Something like:
“every day at 3am, traverse the INBOX ; any email matching the rule, move to the mailbox Bulletins”
and then the match rule would be something like “sender is in (senders list) or subject is in (subjects list), and date received is older than 30 days”

is there any script out there to do this? does it need to work via IMAP, or is there a better way?
if a script does not exist and is going to be written from scratch, what would be the best way to go?

Roberto Michelena