From: Thomas Bleek <bl@gfz-potsdam.de>
Subject: Re: periodic email archiving
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:27:18 +0200
To: Discussions Pro CommuniGate <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

> Am 27.08.2016 um 01:17 schrieb Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com>:
>
> Hello fellow list members,
>
> My Inbox is nowadays too large. However there are some bulletins I do want to archive for reference, so I never delete them. I also don’t want those to automatically be filtered into a separate mailbox, because some I want to read on the day they arrive, and I know I’ll forget to check them.

for the same reason i have this server-side rule.
match
action
mark read
store in folder
mark unread

so the mail is stored in the archive folder and also in the inbox (unread). You can simply delete it after reading as the copy in folder will still exist.

tb

> Ideal mechanism for me would be a rule that can be applied to the mailbox periodically. Something like:
> “every day at 3am, traverse the INBOX ; any email matching the rule, move to the mailbox Bulletins”
> and then the match rule would be something like “sender is in (senders list) or subject is in (subjects list), and date received is older than 30 days”
>
> is there any script out there to do this? does it need to work via IMAP, or is there a better way?
> if a script does not exist and is going to be written from scratch, what would be the best way to go?
>
> Roberto Michelena

Dr. Thomas Bleek, Netzwerkadministrator
Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam
Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum
Telegrafenberg A20/225
D-14473 Potsdam
Tel.: +49 331 288- 1818/1681 Fax.: 1730 Mobil: +49 172 1543233
E-Mail: bl@gfz-potsdam.de