From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: PBX
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 12:41:19 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> On Aug 26, 2016, at 7:27 PM, Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com> wrote:
>
> It seems the PBX function of CGPro is very little known or used… but now that I want my office to migrate from the analog PBX to digital, and we already bought a bunch of used Cisco 7940G phones for a very low price, and also a Grandstream FXO gateway… well, being that our CGPro server is there already, I’d like not to add another box and rather will give a try to implement it.
> Is there anywhere a step by step guide, or any additional literature besides the CGPro manual pages?

I have not really found a friendly way to implement the PBX functionality. To me it seems to be more like a cisco router, where the options available are extremely powerful, but involve a very steep learning curve.

> There was a product some time ago I believe, that added an extra (and more PBX-oriented!) WebGUI layer to the PBX functions of CGPro, even some extra functions… did it disappear? is there something like that out there?

I would recommend calling CGP directly, as they are likely best suited to providing the answers you seek. Personally, we use FreePBX from Sangoma for our PBX, alongside CGP as our e-mail, calendaring, and chat(XMPP) server. It is, in my experience, better suited to a user who wishes to just fire up a GUI/WUI and configure things.

> And finally… does anyone know if the function of Automatic Busy Redial (when placing a call to an outside line, the station can dial *66 first to enable it, and if the call hits busy, the system keeps trying by itself…)… if not implemented, can it be implemented via configuration of the CGPro server?

If memory serves, this feature is often referred to as “Camp On”. Given the power and flexibility of the CGP implementation, my guess is that can be implemented. However, it may very well be complicated and involve CG/PL scripting, etc.