From: Terrence Koeman <terrence@darkness-reigns.com>
Subject: RE: SMTPUTF8 in MAIL FROM command
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 07:44:24 +0200
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Before blaming MS (and really, if that was the behaviour of any Outlook we'd all know), are you sure the connect comes directly from Outlook?

I have seen this behaviour with a local virus scanner that rewrites the mail profile to send mail through SMTP proxy on localhost, which advertises SMTPUTF8 support and then doesn't check whether the actual target server supports it.

If that isn't it, I can imagine some sort of Outlook MAPI plugin or external/expanded address book causing this.

--
Regards,
   Terrence Koeman, PhD/MTh/BPsy

Please quote relevant replies.