From: Terrence Koeman <terrence@darkness-reigns.com>
Subject: RE: CGP List module fails to respond to signed message - Case[T7X60830-994KB]
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 07:34:38 +0200
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I have the exact same issue! I thought my posts were moderated for some time before I thought to try to turn the S.MIME signature off.

This does mean that I can never reply to list email from my phone, it's not as easy to toggle per email as with Outlook: I would have to turn signing off completely for the particular account, and then re-enable afterwards (plus changing some settings that were reset to default). Too much work, and I do need the signatures on a lot of my daily email.

After a few months I'd forget that mail from the cgp mailinglist black-holes signed email, and I'd type up a reply and send it. I'd then check back a few hours later and the discussion will have progressed and re-sending the email would not be helpful anymore. :(

Any particular reason the list can't allow the standard signature files (smime.p7s, signature.asc) and disallow the rest? I have several lists where I implement this with the Find Attachments helper from Niversoft and then use a positive rule for extensions .p7s and .asc and reject all others. Sure, in theory that would allow any file with such an extension, but in practice I've never seen any others.

If needed, it should also be fairly easy to create a helper that allows only specific signature files, and even to script a call to openssl or gpg to verify that they are actually valid S/MIME or PGP signature format (with or without verifying whether the content matches) :)

[For troubleshooting: I sent the above email with the same subject and with an S/MIME signature on Fri, 02 Sep 2016 07:17:27 +0200. I did not receive a rejection email]

--
Regards,
   Terrence Koeman, PhD/MTh/BPsy

Please quote relevant replies.