From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: PBX
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:03:44 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

> On Aug 30, 2016, at 6:26 PM, Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com> wrote:

[snip]

> It’s not the audio input or output devices or their hooks to the software. Leaving voicemail works. If I put on hold from one side, the other hears music. Well, sometimes that works sometimes not, no music. And sometimes you put one party on hold and then when you resume, the other party keeps getting music.

Roberto,

I have zero experience with CGP and VOIP, but I do have a fair amount of experience with SIP. If the clients you are using are using SIP, and you are having issues with one-way audio (especially) and/or no audio, that is (almost) always a NAT problem in my experience.

You probably know all of this already, but SIP traffic is split into two parts, the session control and the actual audio/video payload (RTP). The session control uses port 5060, but the RTP is sent over a different port/ports, so if NAT is in the middle, you need to configure CGP and/or your clients to work around it. This normally presents in a few ways, but first, if the CGP machine is behind a NAT firewall, you’re going to need to tell it what its external address is, and also which networks are local and not behind NAT.

If you have not already, try doing all of this in a simplified environment that has no NAT anywhere. Keep everything on the local LAN and see if that works. Then start adding complexity.