From: Roberto Michelena <rmichelena@mac.com>
Subject: Re: PBX
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 02:42:41 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Brian,

Thanks for the heads-up, but the thing is precisely that I’m entirely on a local network.
Now I begin to think it might have to do with the server not being aware of it’s own network address. And it’s something that has been ongoing on CGPro/OSX versions for some time now, I’ve just compared a fresh CGPro-OSX install vs. a Windows one. On the Windows install when you go into CGPro’s webadmin in the “settings” page it shows two addresses, 127.0.0.1 and also the assigned LAN IP. But the OS X install only shows 127.0.0.1 ; however if I kill (nowadays “unload”) the CGPro process on OS X and launch it again, it properly shows both addresses.
CGPro on OS X launches very early during booting, earlier than many of the OS’s own daemons and any app. It seems by the time CGPro is launched the OS has not yet acquired it’s address (even if static/manual!). Maybe there’s a way to introduce some delay in CGPro’s launch.

My planned architecture (as the hardware is already there) is to have all the VoIP on a Cisco 3560 PoE switch, and everything else as it is now, on a plain 3Com switch. And two network interfaces with the server, one connected to the VoIP network and one connected to the regular data network. So the CGPro server would actually have two LAN addresses, one foot on each network so to say. One interfase would deal exclusively with VoIP and the other with (as always) mail.
When I started configuring it that way, the log showed a lot of failures trying to register the phones, which improved when I changed the phone configs to look for the server by name instead of IP. But then still there were some messages like “invite rejected, originated on another network” or something like that, showing a valid address (of one of the networks) and really now I believe it was because of the server not being aware of it’s addresses. Will test further.

Roberto