Mailing List Message #106217
From: Nicolas Hatier <>
Subject: Re: Pre-prompt data: dropped
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 08:49:59 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>
I suppose you activated "Delay Prompt" in SMTP / Receiving.

CGP delays the SMTP prompt, and if it receives data before the prompt, it likely means the client is a rogue one which tries to dump its data as soon as possible. It's safe to assume it's spam, so CGP drops the whole conversation.

Nicolas Hatier, ing. <>
Niversoft idées logicielles -

On 2016-10-15 04:54, Gib Henry wrote:
Is anyone else seeing a tsunami of these?

00:57:04.366 1 SMTPI-000228([]:23988) dropping: got pre-prompt data:

I’ve seen these occasionally before, but now I’m getting dozens a day. They’re coming from all over the place, lots of different IP addresses, some of which repeat 2-5 times a day. I suppose they’re harmless, but…?  Cheers,
Gib Henry