From: Gib Henry <gib@gibhenry.com>
Subject: Re: Pre-prompt data: dropped
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 09:33:21 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Yes, prompt delayed 10 seconds.  But that has been in effect for several years, and I have never before seen ANY connections dropped.  Now, it’s suddenly a tsunami.  I agree that they’re probably spam, but it seems very strange nonetheless…?  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

On 10/15/16 2:49 PM, Nicolas Hatier wrote:
I suppose you activated "Delay Prompt" in SMTP / Receiving.

CGP delays the SMTP prompt, and if it receives data before the prompt, it likely means the client is a rogue one which tries to dump its data as soon as possible. It's safe to assume it's spam, so CGP drops the whole conversation.

*Nicolas Hatier, ing.* <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <mailto:nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>>

On 2016-10-15 04:54, Gib Henry wrote:
Is anyone else seeing a tsunami of these?

00:57:04.366 1 SMTPI-000228([180.222.157.66]:23988) dropping: got pre-prompt data:

I’ve seen these occasionally before, but now I’m getting dozens a day. They’re coming from all over the place, lots of different IP addresses, some of which repeat 2-5 times a day. I suppose they’re harmless, but…?  Cheers,
-- Gib Henry