From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Temporarily blocked...not
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:56:10 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/27/2016 12:27 PM, Palvelin Postmaster wrote:

Couldn’t one instead argue that mailing lists are ”broken” in this regard? :) I don’t think DMARC and SPF are going anywhere but instead becoming more popular.

I did see the smiley, but seeing as mailing lists pre-date DMARC and SPF by decades, I'm going to go with DMARC is broken for not taking this long-standing and widely used technology into account as part of its design.

Of course, those developing DMARC and SPF have a built-in business reasons for trying to make mailing lists fade into history, so that might play a part in it?