From: Technical Support <support@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Temporarily blocked...not
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 23:20:02 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2016-10-27 21:56 , Tom Rymes wrote:
On 10/27/2016 12:27 PM, Palvelin Postmaster wrote:

Couldn’t one instead argue that mailing lists are ”broken” in this
regard? :) I don’t think DMARC and SPF are going anywhere but instead
becoming more popular.

I did see the smiley, but seeing as mailing lists pre-date DMARC and SPF
by decades, I'm going to go with DMARC is broken for not taking this
long-standing and widely used technology into account as part of its
design.

Of course, those developing DMARC and SPF have a built-in business
reasons for trying to make mailing lists fade into history, so that
might play a part in it?

Tom

CGPro mailing lists in general and this one in particular can be configured to set the From address in list posting to the list address (rather than poster's) but preserve the display name part of the address. If there is no further reasoning against this then we probably turn this feature on for this list. Objections?

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov.