From: Gib Henry <gib@gibhenry.com>
Subject: Re: Multiple Sent Folders
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:34:59 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I suggest that you standardize on Sent Items, because that’s what all Apple devices default to.  It can be changed on all of them, but…

Thunderbird:

Tools/Account Settings/[account name/Copies & Folders—check “Place a copy in:”, choose “Other:”, and then from the pop-up, choose Sent Items on [account name]”.

iOS:  Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/[account name]/Advanced/Sent Mailbox

Apple Mail:  I don’t use it, but I recall that there’s a way to change it…someone here can tell you what it is.  As I recall, it requires some unintuitive way to get to the list of mailboxes to subscribe to.

Outlook?!  You’re kidding, right?  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

On 11/13/16 8:13 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
I use an iOS Device, MacOS Mail, Outlook, and Thunderbird, and as a result, I have three different mail folders:

Sent
Sent Messages
Sent Items

No matter how many times I consolidate them and change my client settings to not do this again, I invariably end up with a repeat of this problem at some point in the future, be it due to a device change, update, or who knows what.

Does anyone have a recommended method to deal with this?

Many thanks,