From: Gib Henry <gib@gibhenry.com>
Subject: Re: Multiple Sent Folders
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:54:40 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Oops…I forgot to add, you can then move everything from Sent and Sent Messages into the newly anointed Sent Items folder.  Thereafter, you should not see anything in the other two folders.  If something were to show up in them, you should be able to determine from which device it was sent, and re-check your settings on that device.

On sending some email on each device, after you’ve tracked the results for a while, then you can delete the now-obsolete Sent and Sent Messages folders.

On 11/14/16 8:34 AM, Gib Henry wrote:
I suggest that you standardize on Sent Items, because that’s what all Apple devices default to.  It can be changed on all of them, but…

Thunderbird:

Tools/Account Settings/[account name/Copies & Folders—check “Place a copy in:”, choose “Other:”, and then from the pop-up, choose Sent Items on [account name]”.

iOS:  Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/[account name]/Advanced/Sent Mailbox

Apple Mail:  I don’t use it, but I recall that there’s a way to change it…someone here can tell you what it is.  As I recall, it requires some unintuitive way to get to the list of mailboxes to subscribe to.