From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: Multiple Sent Folders
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:40:31 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Precisely, Gib, and given the pace of device/OS/software upgrades, this is an issue for me every 6 months or so - just often enough to be really annoying!

I have updated my accounts' setting to use "Sent" and I will consolidate again, trying to create aliases and I will see if that resolve my issue. I don't mind having the duplicate entries in my folder list, I just want the same messages regardless of what device I use to search.

Tom

On 11/14/2016 10:35 AM, Gib Henry wrote:
My experience is different from yours, then.  I did it once on all my
devices, and have not had a problem for over a year.  They’re all using
Sent Items, and no other “sent” mailbox has appeared since—upgrades and
re-installs notwithstanding (new devices, of course, have to be changed
from their defaults when they’re initially set up, before they get a
chance to create the other default sent mailboxes).  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

On 11/14/16 4:18 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
On 11/14/2016 2:34 AM, Gib Henry wrote:
I suggest that you standardize on Sent Items, because that’s what all
Apple devices default to.  It can be changed on all of them, but…

Thanks, Gib. I know how to change the settings on each client, but
that is only a temporary fix and is constantly undermined due to
client upgrades, new devices, software reinstalls, etc. I was hoping
for something permanent like aliases.