Mailing List CGatePro@mail.stalker.com Message #106374
From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: DMARC.pl stopped working after 6.1.15 to 6.1.16 upgrade
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 04:20:46 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 03.04.2017 20:09, Palvelin Postmaster wrote:

On 3 Apr 2017, at 19:16, Technical Support <support@stalker.com> wrote:

Hello,

On 2017-04-02 20:07, Palvelin Postmaster wrote:
Hi,

I have setup DMARC.pl (http://www.communigate.com/ScriptRepository/DMARC.pl) according to instructions. It has worked flawlessly for ages. After upgrading from 6.1.15 to 6.1.16 the script helper bonks leaving the following odd log entries. Does anyone have a clue what has changed or why the DMARC.pl stopped working?

18:13:27.354 5 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) inp(019): * DMARC.pl started.
18:13:28.922 2 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) reading finished
18:13:28.922 1 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) stderr: Error: 500 Can't connect to publicsuffix.org:443 (certificate verify failed) at /var/CommuniGate/Filters/DMARC.pl line 554.\n
18:13:28.922 1 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) reading failed. Error Code=external helper output closed
18:13:28.922 2 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) task terminated. retCode=255
18:13:55.928 2 EXTFILTER(DMARC_scan) receiver finished

It's quite unlikely that this is related to CGPro version change. The error states that the external helper script has problems connecting to https://publicsuffix.org

Looks like you’re right. Strangely enough, this coincided perfectly with my upgrade.

The "coincidence" is caused by the fact that the plugin reads that URL on startup, and you had restarted the plugin when you upgraded CGPro.


For starters it looks like the url variable in DMARC.pl (is outdated, so I fixed that.

my $url='http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1';

root# curl -I http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1

root# curl -I https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Location: https://publicsuffix.org/list/effective_tld_names.dat

root# curl -I https://publicsuffix.org/list/effective_tld_names.dat
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Secondly, there’s some sort of certificate issue which throws Perl’s LWP::UserAgent off. Got rid of that with a small hack:

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(
    ssl_opts => { verify_hostname => 0 },
);

Maybe someone at Communigate will fix these to the downloadable version.

Fixed, thanks!

Note that in CGPro version 6.2.c1 the DMARC functionality is implemented in the server core (except sending reports), so the plugin will become obsolete. Same for the plugin(s) for adding DKIM signatures.


--
Best regards,
Roman Prokhorov
=======================================================================
When answering to letters sent to you by the tech.support staff, make
sure the original message you have received is included into your reply.
Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Mail to Listmaster