From: Marcel Hochuli <mhochuli@a-f.ch>
Subject: mail.domain.dom versus domain.dom greeting
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:03:22 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <cgatepro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi

I thought I once read about an option to switch from domain.dom greeting to mail.domain.dom greeting starting from Version x.y of CommuniGate Pro.

Actually a customer cannot receive E-Mail from hotmail.com as it doesn't accept the domain.dom greeting while the PTR record is mail.domain.dom.

Hotmail says:
Mail server hostname does not match with EHLO/HELO greeting. The SMTP greeting include 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, and the mail server host name. If your email header hostname does not match with EHLO or HELO, your email may be blocked by anti-spam software. This is a technical violation of RFC 821 Section 4.3 and RFC 2821 Section 4.3.1. The hostname given in the SMTP greeting must have an A record pointing back to the mail server.

Where can I switch this setting?

Regards,
Marcel

+---