From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Outlook as ActiveSync clients
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:13:19 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
At the moment the speed is far better than the MAPI :-) However from what I have seen, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on par with MAPI. The best way for you is to give it a try on a test account.

Due to years of using MAPI and CGP, we've trained the users to keep extra PST files and continually move any emails in MAPI out to the data file. The performance simply degrades too fast otherwise. So the account I tested it on (mine) is small (currently 50Mb).

We don't share folders but it is very useful as a lot of our management use devices for email/calendar/contacts and like them shared with Outlook.

I am aware of Stalker waiting on Microsoft. My support who also lodged a ticket, informed me as much. The silence in here is deafening though.

On 28/06/2017 8:16 PM, Karl Zander wrote:
How's the performance with ActiveSync?  I tried with one client but it didn't preform well.

What storage format are you using?  Mbox, Mdir, Mslc?

How large are accounts?  I have too many users with large mail accounts: over 5 GB.  Should I force them to delete or archive?

In an online support chat with CGP they reported tickets are open with Microsoft development group.  But no ETA to resolving the MAPI problem.

--Karl

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 08:38:59 +1000
  Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au> wrote:
I just recently set up Outlook as an ActiveSync client when I was trying to work out how to fix this new search bug created by the Windows 10 Creator update.

You don't have to do anything from the server side and just set-up Outlook selecting an ActiveSync account when configuring the type of account you want Outlook to be. If you already have ActiveSync devices connecting to the server then the firewall (server side) should already be fine.

However, I do remember reading there is a problem with something in the Groupware side of things when it comes to ActivitieSync for Outlook. I can't find it or remember what it was. It may be something like sharing folders or calendars. Do a bit of research first. Other than this issue, it works fine for me whenever I get sick to death of MAPI and Outlook going so slow it feels like Outlook has crashed.

On 27/06/2017 7:39 PM, michelv@liberty-one.com wrote:
Hello

I have some users who want to use outlook 2016

i want to use Outlook as ActiveSync clients with my CGP server with the GroupWare services

Server OS:    Microsoft Windows 8
Server Hardware:    x86 (32-bit)
Server Version:    6.1.9
MAPI Version:    1.54.12.5/1.54.12.5 , 2.60.6/2.60.5

What ports is used for firewall side
What is the best way to configure server side and client side

thanks

Michel
-- Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>