From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Outlook crashing with new Windows 10 version
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 16:56:05 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

What happens if you start Outlook in safe mode?

Also, have you deleted the profile?

I know, normal stuff. However it is these things which I am getting used to. Safe mode will generally indicate where the problem may lie. It could be an add on or needing a navpane reset. I've had all of these errors. :-/

Do you have Eset installed at all? As much as I like Eset, it causes untold problems with Outlook, Windows 10 and MAPI. Only when the program gets upgraded though. Uninstall and reinstall usually fixes it.

On 6/07/2017 3:42 PM, Paul_Dudley wrote:

We have CommuniGate Pro server version 6.1.16, running on a Red Hat linux server. We have a Windows 10 laptop PC, running Windows version 10.0.15063.296 (released early May) and Outlook 2013.

The client MAPI version is 1.54.12.11 (dated Nov 21st 2016 on the CommuniGate FTP site).

As soon as we try to start Outlook it crashes. This also happens with Outlook 2010 on this PC. There is an error which appears in the Event Viewer log which reports a fault with combase.dll

The only way we have been able to get Outlook to run is to bypass the MAPI connector and use either standard IMAP or ActiveSync.

However when using ActiveSync the subscribed folders do not appear.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Regards

Paul Dudley

IT Operations