From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Block IP blocks at IP level
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:17:15 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Red herring. Ignore it.

On 16/08/2017 9:26 AM, Shaun Gamble wrote:
Just an update. The following is old but appears to be the cause:

http://totalsystemsecurity.com/how-to-remove-qq-com-browser-hijacker-tencent-qq/ On 15/08/2017 11:11 PM, Karl Zander wrote:
Shaun,

This may be a place to start.

http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/Network.html#Denied

Shows different syntax for listing IP ranges and works below the listener level.

--Karl

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:30:42 +1000
  Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au> wrote:
I know we can block individual IPs at the listener level but I am currently watching thousands of incoming streams from rotating blocks all sending emails to one user address. This user had a vacation message and as every single email had a different return email address, our server was starting to blast another mail server.

If I had the ability to block a range of IPs rather than individual IPs I would not have to sit here at 10:24pm at night after being our to dinner. If I could just place 1.2.3.* in the IP level blocking, I'd be asleep by now.

However, I have to say I am really quite impressed with how robust CGP is under this current attack. I know it is an attack on another mail server of which I am probably one of many experiencing this tonight, to see my server not skipping a beat (other than the 10000 odd vacation msgs sitting in the queue of which I was able to delete all in three clicks) is impressive.

After many alcoholic beverages, I would like an easy option to block a large range of IPs from attempting a connection. Please???

CGP 6.1.16 (test .18) on Windows 2012 x64.

-- Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com>
Destination Darwin NT <http://www.destinationnt.com>
MOM Backpackers <http://www.momdarwin.com>