From: Technical Support <support@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Blacklist by DNS Name
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 21:39:14 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2017-08-17 15:48 , Gib Henry wrote:
In “Blacklisted IPs/Detect Blacklisted by DNS Name,” I have blacklisted ‘*.faith’. However, it appears not to be working:

16:04:11.507 2 SMTPI-001214(warkesth.faith) [3010919] received, 7832 bytes

I also tried ‘*.*.faith’ but that doesn’t work either.  Am I missing something?  Cheers,

The above log record means that warkesth.faith resolved to the IP from which teh connection was made, but that does not guarantee the reverse: that PTR record for the source IP resolves to that host name, which is necessary for blocking by DNS name.

--
Gib Henry

--
Best regards,