From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs support@stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Require authentication on SMTP port.
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 18:34:13 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 05.09.2017 11:02, Fred.Zwarts F.Zwarts@KVI.nl wrote:
We have defined a submission port (587) which is used for client to
submit their outgoing mail. This port requires authentication and allows
relaying. That is exactly what we want.
This port is used by our users when they are traveling and they have to
use the networks of other providers.
Now there are some providers that block port 587 for outgoing SMTP
trafic. I know it is not reasonable, but it happens and we cannot change
it. So, we would like to configure another port, with the same
properties as port 587. It is not clear how to do that. The page where
the SMTP listeners are configured, has no option to force
authentication.

It's forced unconditionally exclusively for 587 port.

> Somehow, this is done automagically for port 587 and not
for e.g. port 25.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

If providers block ports 25 and 587 you can open any other port for SMTP. There is no need to require authentication if your users authenticate anyway; in this regard the new SMTP port will be same as port 25.

--
Best regards,
Roman Prokhorov