From: Gib Henry gib@gibhenry.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: SYSTEM CPU overloaded: main thread missed x seconds
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:40:48 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Mysteriously, my system log occasionally shows hundreds or even thousands of entries like the following:

18:35:35.671 0 SYSTEM CPU overloaded: main thread missed 10 seconds

The missing seconds range from 5 to 11 seconds.  The machine continues handling incoming and outgoing email, and there’s nothing else unusual in the logs, yet I got 1,977 of these entries on this day.  Then, just as mysteriously, the entries stop, again with nothing to suggest why.  Any insight?  Cheers,
--
Gib Henry