From: Technical Support support@stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: CGP starting faster than macOS Network is ready
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:51:55 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2017-09-20 12:32, Marcel Hochuli mhochuli@a-f.ch wrote:
Hello,

This problem is still not solved. We have more and more installations on new systems. When these systems start, we have to manually click on "refresh" once on the Master/Settings/General page that Server IP and Name Server IP get corrected. Otherwise, CGServer is not functional.

I expect from CommuniGate Systems, that they do a correct start on new Darwin-Systems.

We perform test installations on a mac Mini with macOS 10.12.5 and observe no issues with automatic start up process, with or without the --delayOnStart 30 option.

There is also a lack of a correct LaunchDaemon.

Can you be more specific? What does the current launchDaemon item lack?

Now the rudimentary LaunchDaemon starts the old StartupItem, which is not supported since macOS 10.12 anymore!

The old StartupItem is used as a shell script - mostly for the sake of custom parameters (like --delayOnStart you use) from the Startup.sh file. That would be the file to extend with checks for availability of necessary resources, as the launchd lacks a dependency features.

Please correct the start mechanism on macOS for these two problems.

Try to add to /Library/StartupItems/CommuniGatePro/CommuniGatePro right after the line

ConsoleMessage "Starting CommuniGate Pro"

the following code:

CheckForNetwork
while [ "${NETWORKUP}" != "-YES-" ]
do
  sleep 5
  NETWORKUP=""
  CheckForNetwork
done

Regards,
Marcel

_______________________________________

Am 26.06.2017 um 17:26 schrieb Marcel Hochuli <mhochuli@a-f.ch>:

Hello,

The delayOnStart startup parameter doesn't work on macOS 10.12 with CGP 6.1.16 and launchd.

When I set --delayOnStart 30, it would never start but the launchd writes these two log lines every ten seconds to the system.log:

Jun 26 16:41:47 mail com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (CommuniGatePro[635]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Jun 26 16:41:47 mail com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (CommuniGatePro): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

How do I correct the problem, that CGP starts too early and thereof as no idea of the IP-Addresses it should serve on?

Thanks,
Marcel

_______________________________________

Hello,

On 2015-08-06 19:26 , Philip Slater wrote:
Alternative option and also handy if you have external storage is to use the Startup.sh in the base directory with the following entry.

SLEEP 60

This will make CGP wait 60 second before any start AND stop command.

Even better approach would be to use the --delayOnStart startup parametr (it takes delay time in seconds).

Phil

Hello,

On 2015-08-05 17:14, Marcel Hochuli wrote:
I just realized, that there is a LaunchDaemon AND a StartupItem from CGP in OS X.

Which MacOS X version do you use?

With anything less 10.10 you can remove the Launchd item and use just the startup item.
With 10.10 and up Startupitems are not used.

This is not as it should be! It will also make it impossible to stop CGP as it will be restarted instantaneous after stopped because of LaunchDaemons behaviour.

Do CGP developers know what they do?
Is it intended to have two different start scripts (makes no sense)?
Do I have to remove one of them manually??

Marcel

_______________________________________

Am 05.08.2015 um 16:06 schrieb Marcel Hochuli <mhochuli@a-f.ch>:

Hello

Since the newest versions of CGP and Parallels Enterprise, we encounter the problem that after starting the system, CGP displays 127.0.0.1 as Server IP and 127.0.0.1 as Name Server.

Therefore, no E-Mail will be sent out of the box. They get stuck in the Queue.

One has to manually click «Refresh» on the General-Page, otherwise no outbound traffic will occur. After clicking Refresh, the IP-Addresses will be corrected as expected.

Is this a known problem?
Is there a solution?

Marcel

CommuniGate Pro Training
If interested please contact sales@communigate.com

Philip Slater
Professional Services
CommuniGate Systems
1100 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 355
Larkspur, California 94939
US:  1 800 262 4722 ext 201
Int:   1 415 569-2280 ext 201
Fax: 1 415 464-8618
~ Secure and simple web & mobile unified communications ~

email/xmpp: pslater@communigate.com

-- Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov.

Best regards,