From: Marcel Hochuli mhochuli@a-f.ch <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: CGP starting faster than macOS Network is ready - Case[D7HD0920-848Q8]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:50:07 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,

I just got a Mac mini Late 2014 with SSD Drive and macOS 10.12.2 from our spare systems.

I installed CGP 6.1.18, restarted it and CGServer has no Name Server IP Addresses and no Server IP Addresses (just 127.0.0.1). In this status, CGP will not work.

When I hit "Refresh" on Master/Settings/General, all missing IP Addresses appear.

Concerning Startup: CGServer has four parts it depends on: LaunchDaemon, StartupItem, Startup.sh and the CGServer.
The directory /Library/StartupItem will soon disappear as StartupItems are not supported anymore by Apple.

Why don't you move the start script with custom parameters completely inside the BASEDIRECTORY and combining it with Startup.sh (eliminating the need of StartupItems)?

I tested
--delayOnStart 30 ---> no difference
--delayOnStart 500 ---> no difference
The delayOnStart option does not show up on the Master/Settings/General page (does it have to?)
Name Server IP Addresses and Server IP Addresses are still not gathered from CGServer during startup

I tested your code "CheckForNetwork" ---> no difference
Name Server IP Addresses and Server IP Addresses are still not gathered from CGServer during startup

All these options do nothing. CGServer starts always immediately.
The ConsoleMessage "Starting CommuniGate Pro" will not be written in system.log.

The whole system restart process takes about 12 seconds on this three-year-old Mac mini with SSD.

You can have TeamViewer access on this machine, if it helps.

We need a solution, please help us

Regards,
Marcel